and portraitist. She has exhibited at galleries and events across Ontario, and has paintings in private collections across the world.
Her oil painting depicts views of the everyday life, with a focus on natural light, warm colours and strong composition.
Pépin’s portrait paintings demonstrate her gift at capturing both visual appearance and the unique personality of her subjects, bringing them to life on canvas. Her painting process is personal and engaged; she prefers to meet her subjects in person and lets their personalities inform her painting.
Her portraits include the painting of Ottawa Mayor Jim Watson, on permanent display at City Hall, as well as members of the military, such as Brigadier-General Jennie Carignan.
“Pépin has become renowned for her masterful technique where the realism of photography and the richness of oil paint magically meet [..]” – The Huffington Post
Recent media and publication:
● Ottawa Life Magazine, print publication (July, 2017)
● Bellus Magazine, online publication (June, 2017)
● The Huffington Post by Jana Ritter, online publication (December, 2016)
● Daytime Ottawa, Rogers TV, live interview (December 15, 2016)
● Ottawa at Home by Alexia Naidoo, print publication (Winter, 2016)
● ART+DESIGN, print publication (September, 2016)